With the upcoming visit to Australia from September 7 to 13, Dr Edward Sri is creating a bit of a buzz among Catholic groups. He is a world class speaker, author, teacher of the faith and if you are wondering who exactly he is, I visited his website to get the following information.
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, author and well-known Catholic speaker who appears regularly on EWTN. He has written several Catholic best-selling books, including A Biblical Walk through the Mass which was used in about 1 out of 4 parishes in the USA in preparation for the new translation of the Mass. His most recent books are Love Unveiled: The Catholic Faith Explained and Walking with Mary: A Biblical Journey from Nazareth to the Cross. He is a founding leader with Curtis Martin of FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) and serves as a professor of theology and Vice President of Mission and Outreach at the Augustine Institute in Denver, Colorado.
Edward Sri is the presenter of several faith formation filmseries, including A Biblical Walk through the Mass (Ascension Press), Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother (Ascension Press); Follow Me: Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John (Ascension Press). He’s also the host of the acclaimed video series on the Catholic faith Symbolon (Augustine Institute), and the content director for Augustistine Institute sacramental preparation programs, including Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage; Reborn: You, Your Child and the Meaning of Baptism; and Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession. He also served as the general editor of Opening the Word: Journey through the Sunday Readings (Augustine Institute).
Dr. Sri leads pilgrimages to Rome and the Holy Land for lay people each year.
Edward holds a doctorate from the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. He resides with his wife Elizabeth and their eight children in Littleton, Colorado.
Other books by Edward Sri include:
- The New Rosary in Scripture: Biblical Insights for Praying the 20 Mysteries (Servant)
- Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights on John Paul II’s Love and Responsibility (Servant).
- The Bible Compass: A Catholic’s Guide to Navigating the Scriptures (Ascension Press)
- Mystery of the Kingdom: On the Gospel of Matthew (Emmaus Road)
- Queen Mother: A Biblical Theology of Mary’s Queenship (Emmaus Road)
- Dawn of the Messiah: The Coming of Christ in Scripture (Servant)
- The Advent of Christ: Scriptural Reflections to Prepare for Christmas (Servant Books)
- The Real Story: Understanding the Big Picture of the Bible (coauthored with Curtis Martin)
- The Da Vinci Deception: 100 Questions About the Facts and Fiction of The Da Vinci Code (Ascension Press) (coauthored with Mark Shea)
- The Gospel of Matthew (coauthored with Curtis Mitch) (Baker Academic).
He also is a contributor to the popular apologetics series, Catholic for a Reason and a volume on Catholic Marian theology called Mariology (Queenship Publishing).
Here is a promo video from one of his many exciting programs. This one I would like to feature A biblical walk with Mary which is a great bible study for your parish or church group.