Dr Robert M. Haddad
Robert Haddad is a Catholic teacher, apologist and evangelist who holds firmly to all the truths of the Catholic Faith and wishes all to come to know, love and live the Catholic Faith. Robert promotes the Catholic Faith through his public speaking tours, videos and books.
Interested in Robert for your event?
About Dr Robert M. Haddad
Dr Robert M. Haddad lives in Sydney, Australia. He holds nine university qualifications in the areas of law, theology, philosophy, education, religious education, and executive management, namely:
– Bachelor of Laws (USyd. 1989)
– Graduate Certificate in Religious Education (Charles Sturt 1997)
– Graduate Diploma in Education (ACU 2003)
– Master of Philosophy (ACU 2007)
– Master of Arts (Theology) (UNDA 2007 – University Medallist)
– Master of Religious Education (UNDA 2008)
– Diploma of Teacher Education (College of Teachers, London 2010)
– Certificate in Executive Leadership and Management (Oxford University 2012)
– Doctor of Philosophy (UNDA 2020)
In addition to his studies, Robert has authored ten books, selling over 60,000 copies, his most popular being Defend the Faith! and 1001 Reasons Why It’s Great to be Catholic!
In his professional capacity, Robert has also written and/or edited the following catechetical resources for the Archdiocese of Sydney:
– Christ our Light and Life K-6 curriculum (3rd Edition) for the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (2009-2012)
– Christ our Light and Life 7-12 curriculum (1st Edition) for the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (2011-12)
– Gratia Series Sacramental program (2012)
– Initiate – a resource for RCIA in schools (2014)
– To Know Worship and Love textbooks (Years 9 and 10) (2020)
Throughout his working life, Robert has worked at St Charbel’s College (15 years), the Catholic Chaplaincy at the University of Sydney (4 years), the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (4 years) and the Catholic Adult Education Centre (4 years part-time), the University of Notre Dame, Sydney (10 years part-time). He has been presenting public talks on the Catholic Faith in Australia and overseas since 1996. Currently, he works as the Manager, Network Catholic Identity for the Sydney Catholic Schools Office and in this capacity has responsibility for staff faith formation, youth ministry and family educators. In 2016 he led the largest group of Australian pilgrims to travel to an overseas World Youth Day, over 650 Catholic students and staff. For his Ph.D Robert researched the principles of the New Apologetics and applied his findings to create a New Apologetics curriculum for Catholic secondary schools. In 2014 Robert was awarded an Australia Day Award for his contributions to education and in 2020 the Dempsey Medal by the Archbishop of Sydney, Anthony Fisher OP, for his work in evangelisation.
Please note that Robert covers 150+ more topics, an extensive list may be granted upon request.
- Apologetics, Defending the Catholic Faith
- Apologetics 101
- Why be Catholic?
- Adam & Eve, What the Church Teaches
- St. Joseph, Model of Men
- The Eucharist, the Fruit of the New Tree of Life
- Jesus – Guru, Prophet or God?
- The Immaculate Conception
- Mary Mother of God
- The Brothers & Sisters of Jesus
- Who are They?
- Angels & Demons
- 1001 Reasons Why
- It’s Great to be Catholic!
- Are you Saved?
- Is the Bible True?
- Why is there Suffering in the World?
- Amazing Modern Miracles
- What is Christian Freedom?
- The Pope – the Vicar of Christ or the Anti-Christ?
- Relics – Super or Surspicious?
- Why Priestly Celibacy?
- The Maronites
- The Da Vinci Lie