Pope Benedict XVI canonized St. Mary MacKillop on October 17th, 2010, Rome. What a joy for the Universal Catholic Church, and particularly for the Church in Australia!
Can you answer questions about her like:
- What did Mary do to merit the title ‘Saint’?
- What heroic virtues did she possess?
- What did she do for Australian society?
What two miracles are attributed to her canonization?
And other questions like:
- How does the Catholic Church decide on a Saint?
- What is the process involved in ordaining a Saint?
She made the headlines in Catholic and secular papers alike. Critics, Catholic and secular, feel the need to vent their anger or irritation with the Church and her decision in elevating her to the level of Sainthood.