Enrich your relationships and help others by understanding the psychology of the spiritual life!
In three new presentations on two DVDs, respected psychologist, author and beloved spiritual director Fr. Benedict Groeschel speaks to the heart of the matter in The New Psychology of Virtue. Taped live before an audience of psychology students and faculty at Azusa Pacific University, Fr. Groeschel imparts practical wisdom gained over thirty years as a therapist and spiritual director for clergy.
With wry and winsome wit Fr Benedict exposes much of hte weakness of modern psychology and reveals the simple but unpopular truth that while God's love for us does not depend on our virtues, our happiness most certainly does.
What you'll discover:
- Why you must 'know yourself'
- What are natural virtues vs theological virtues
- Why chastity is based on respect
- How in all human nature there is a desire to be good
- What is the most effective form of therapy
- Why rationalism is irrational
- Why it is not what we say but what we do that is important
- What are the five patterns of relationship
- Why religious people get better faster and stay better longer
- How personal relationships are the best schools for counselling
- What are the three states of the spiritual life in terms of developmental psychology
- And much more...